Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Thirty Six

July 22nd

One thing I can say is that I was definitely more prepared for the day, than yesterday. History was the same ole random videos and pictures combination. Architecture was the lecture on defense architecture, found on a number of churches and fortresses in southern France. I could not wait for tomorrow since we would be visiting two sites with said architecture.

I chilled for a bit in the upstairs library before deciding to try and catch a bus. Another opportunity to be by myself for awhile because there is only so much I can handle of a person whining about money and how fat they are. When I walked through the gate and up the drive, Grandpa and Grandma were nowhere to be seen. I found it to be a little refreshing, and took the opportunity to take pictures. I also was able to take pictures of 2/3 of the animals that live at my house. After that I pretty much relaxed until it was dinner time, I kinda took a tiny nap.


(The Turtle)

Dinner arrived and it was an odd bean and sausage dish, which I could not stomach. I was so glad when it was nectarine time, and soon after I had to get ready for the last Juicy Thursday in Avignon. Meet up with Emily, Kong, Maggie, Natalie, and Amanda at the Institute and made our way to Ile de Barthelasse, where Chase and Roman met us after they had dinner. It was time to pop the champagne bottles and celebrate the amazing times we have had on our trip so far. It was a lot of fun just hanging out in the grass, talking and laughing. The only downside was being out so late, but it was still a lot of fun.

The other form of excitement today was that it rained in the afternoon. I had not seen rain since I was in Paris, and it was absolutely wonderful! I even took pictures because I could not believe that it was raining!


(RAIN!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment