Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Thirty Seven

July 23rd

Today was a long day of local field trips. The first stop was Palais de Papes at around 9h, and it was a struggle to pay attention to my professor. Once we were actually in the Palais de Papes, it was really cool to see all the different rooms and areas. The combination of defense and detail was pretty neat, and I loved taking all kinds of photos. The Chapel had an art exhbit, which held some pretty interesting pieces, and the largest piece actually sits outside of the Palais de Papes. Unfortunately, we did not get to climb on the ramparts and have a bird's eye view of the area.


(The inner courtyard)

At 1h30 (13h30), it was time to catch a bus to Villenuve to visit Fort St. Andre. When I was last in Villenuve we just hiked up to one of the walls, but this time I got to go explore the inside for free. It amazes me what people throughout history have been able to build over the years. It was also a lot of funny walking on the ramparts and feeling like an old school soldier person. I loved being up there, and with the Le Mistrale being back the weather has been amazing.


(The Walls)

Once I was back in Avignon, I went to a few stores before heading home to take a massively long nap. I cannot handle the staying out late and getting up at 7 thing, it is just too difficult for me. It was then time for dinner, and finally more sleep. Fun filled day, yet very tiring.


(Chilling on the ramparts)

No comments:

Post a Comment