Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Fourteen

June 30th

Officially two weeks since I have been in Avignon! I feel like I have been here forever, but I have in terms of the country as a whole. Today was a long day of classes, 1hr30m for history and 2hr for archeology. We talked about the different presidents in history class, and which political party they were associated with. Archeology was dedicated to Arles, and the three key pieces in any Roman city: the Forum, the Theater, the Walls surrounding the city.

After I was done with classes for the day, I just hung out at the Institute. Eventually, a few of us went to a pastry shop and I got a creme doughnut. I have not had a doughnut since I have been here, and it was sooooo good. Though I do wish the creme was more like Pittman Creme Doughnuts, but I am in France and not everything can be the same. Soon afterward, I went home by myself again, and this time the bus was not super crowded.

Once home I hung out with Grandma/Grandpa and their Son/Daughter in Law. We talked about my day and why Brittany did not come home. I told them she had to talk to a professor and that she was also going to the doctor. Brittany's host family ended up asking me a lot of questions about my family, Emory, and life back home. It was a nice affair, minus Eric (the son) pronouncing things very oddly, and I could not understand him yet I could understand everyone else. Eric is a very frustrating/irritating man.

Soon it was time for dinner and Plus Belle La Vie. After dinner was over, I went to sleep because the heat/sun + my allergies being crazy = a very tired me. I also fit in a video chat with Jameson at some point, but I do not know if it was before or after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment