Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Thirty Five

July 21st (5 weeks)

Only two classes today, and I am thankful the history professor could not add another section just for fun. History consisted of people finishing the presentations, which were the last two groups. Neither of the presentations were spectacular, but it is whatever. After the presentations were finished, he asked us to describe France in one word. He wanted our word to be based off of our studies in his class, and our experience in the country. Of course I end up being the last person and I say I do not have a word, the professor then says the negative comment will not bother him. Thanks for that professor, you do not know anything about me. So ready for this class to be over!

Architecture consisted of a lot of note taking and day dreaming at the same time. So hard to concentrate for a 2hour lecture. The professor just talked about the gothique aspects of churches, and the major differences between them and roman style churches. It was pretty neat, yet at the same time I just wanted to eat some food.

It was very tough making it through both of my classes because of when I had gotten in last night. I goofed around at the institute for a little while after class, but went home by myself around 4 (16:00) which was fairly nice. I did not have to wait very long for a bus to arrive, and there was hardly anyone on the bus. I literally crawled into be when I reached home, and napped until it was time to set the table. I pretty much went back to sleep after dinner and it was amazing to catch up on sleep.

It is still hard to believe that I have been in Avignon for five weeks, and that I will be back in the states a week from now. On one hand I want to be back home and on the other I just want to stay here. I could definitely live the French lifestyle, it has treated me pretty well.


No comments:

Post a Comment