Friday, July 16, 2010

Day Nineteen

July 5th

One class Monday strikes again! Same old viewing of videos and interpreting pictures, only so much going on. At the end of class the professor asked if he could speak to me. Oh goodie! To be honest I was surprised he had not asked to talk to me sooner, considering I do not really participate in class. Now it is talk with the professor time.

Prof: Do you understand what is going on?
ME: Yes
Prof: Why do you not talk?
ME: Other people say what I was going to say
Prof: Do you talk in your classes in the United States?
ME: Sometimes
Prof: Are you timid?
ME: No

I was so aggravated after that conversation, just because I do not contribute to a conversation does not mean I do not understand or I am afraid to talk. I like to sit, listen and make connections, and when a professor just shows videos and pictures there is only so much seven people can say without repeating another person. Reminds me of Mr. Bishop and APUSH, UGH!!!

After I was done with my talk, I went to the store to by lunch stuff for the week or so. I also bought stamps to send off the first set of postcards I had written (You Guys should have them by now). Got back to the school and checked to see if my package from my mom came. Not yet! Eventually, I began the long journey home mostly due to buses being late again! Once I was home I hungout with Grandma and Grandpa. Just a fairly normal Monday, minus my history professor being irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment