Monday, July 26, 2010

Day Thirty Nine

July 25th

Today was my first non lazy Sunday, which is a major accomplishment for me considering all the others, minus Paris, were super lazy. I managed to wake up around 9h15 to prepare for my day. I had a very small breakfast because I was going to meet Dawn for lunch and a play. As I was telling Grandma and Grandpa my plans, I told them I was going to walk to the Centre Ville to Place Pie and meet Dawn at noon. Grandpa said that he would drive me to Place Pie because they did not want me to walk, and I found it to be really nice considering they were gearing up for a lunch party for Grand-daughter. It was going to be a Paella party, because Grandpa was setting up Grandma's outdoor cooking area.

So, I get dropped off in Place Pie and wait a tiny bit for Dawn to appear, and from Place Pie we wandered around to find someplace to eat. My main part of my lunch was okay, but the desert total more than made up for it. It was kinda like a mini version of a molten chocolate cake. After lunch, we made our way towards the theater to pick up our tickets.

We were bummed that the theater did not have a student price, so we payed 17 euro, but it was totally worth it. The show we saw was titled Les Loupiotes de La Ville, which only had two guys in the same outfit, and two chairs on stage. It was sooo funny, and at first it was hard to tell if they were actually speaking French or some other crazy nonsense language. It was totally a nonsense language the majority of the time, unless it was a scene where they spoke heavily accented English. I want to see this show over and over again because it was fantastic. It had the same amount of excitement and fun as Les Cousins, but this was more Vaudeville based.

After the play, we ended up in a French candy store and bought a few items before retiring to the park by the Palais de Papes. We just chatted and enjoyed the glorious weather we were having, and actually ran into Amanda. Amanda then joined us for our chat before we all decided to head home around 5h30 (17h30). I just popped in Leslie and had a very nice walk home, where I relaxed before dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. It was totally worth it to be active on my last Sunday in Avignon.

Les Loupiotes, Extrait 3/3 - Ma-Tvideo France2
Des artistes aussi doués en mime que mauvais en pêche. © 2009 - PVO Audiovisuel Multimédia - Réalisateur : Christophe FRANCK - Décor : Yves VALENTE - Création lumière : Sébastien DEBANT - Ingénieur : Pierre BUISSON - Régisseur son : Philippe BLANCHETEAU - Interprètes : Kamel ISKER, Antoine GUIRAUD - Auteurs : Kamel ISKER, Antoine GUIRAUD - Musique : "Roméo et Juliette - Danse des chevaliers" de Serguei PROKOFIEV © 2001 Decca Music Group Limited ; "Clair de lune" de Claude DEBUSSY - Interprétée par Alain PLANÈS © 2006 Harmonia Mundi.



No comments:

Post a Comment