Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Twelve

June 28th

The second week of classes began at 9 with History class. We discussed the political structure of the III Republic, which was soon after the second world war. After two hours in that class, I was glad that I was done for the day. I goofed around and hung out with people until they had to go to classes in the afternoon. While they were in class, I worked on my history paper listening to Wimbly on the internet. I also enjoyed the phone call from my mom, which was an added work break.

Got home around 6:30 (18:30) and meet Andre's mom and host mom. It wa
s really neat to watch/listen to Andre translate french and portuguese. It was slightly confusing at first, but I understood a majority of the french meaning my comprehension is getting a lot better. While he gave his family a tour of both houses, I talked to my hosts about my day and answered any questions they asked me. Eventually the mid evening gathering turned into an all out family dinner.

We had Paella for dinner, which was amazing!! The combination of rice, shrimp with heads, muscles, chicken legs, green peppers and red peppers was awesome. At this point, three different languages were floating across the table as the dinner continued well into the night. After the Paella, was the cheese course, and finally the ice cream course. The ice cream my host family has is kinda like ice cream cake but not. The first time I had it was Sunday, and it was a coffee one with toffee between the layers. This time there was caramel with coconut (so two kinds of ice creams together) and a chocolate one. Surprisingly enough the caramel/coconut one was pretty good, and the chocolate was very rich like a chocolate cake.


(Paella!!)
It was a very multi-language day!

No comments:

Post a Comment