Sunday, June 13, 2010

Paris Day Two

After sleeping a whole night through, I woke up today and went to the BIO Market with my aunt and cousin. This particular market is only open on Sundays, and sells only organic food items. The colors were very vibrant, and everything was a lot bigger than fruits/veggies in the states.

The cherries are sooooo delicious. The fresh veggies we got today were also tasty. Dinner tonight was made of fresh salmon, fresh snow peas, and an interesting rice mixture. Both the salmon and snow peas were from the market, oh and some tasty bread too.

After finishing up at the market, we brought everything back home. My aunt took me to see the Arc de Triomphe, the neighborhood they were living/will be living in again soon, and the Tour Eiffel. I am hoping to revisit these areas on Tuesday, hoping there will be less people. Right in front of the Tour Eiffel was a large screen set up for people to watch the world cup. Since Algeria had a match today, a number of fans were milling around the area, which lead to a "manifestation" leading to closing of the Tour Eiffle. My aunt and I got out of there pretty quickly, and ended up outside a museum where part of the wall was made of plants.
From there we hopped on public bikes and biked back to their house. We biked on one section of the road that gets closed off for a period of time, and it follows right along the Seine. I also got to see the other end of the Champs Elysees, and a park(jardin) that leads one to the Louvre. I am hoping to go back to that jardin to check it out and go into the Louvre.

After dinner, I did a bit of wandering on my own. I took some picture of Notre Dame, and went to Le Jardin de Luxemburg, which is a park I found yesterday. Once the park began to close I walked to Le Pantheon, and took pictures of it as well as anything I decided to take a picture of. Overall, today was an awesome day!

*My facebook page has more pictures*

No comments:

Post a Comment