Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hating on Airports

I am not a fan of airports in any way, shape or form. Yesterday, aka June 11th, rode in a car for about 3 hours give or take to arrive at the Dulles Airport in enough time to check in. I stand at one ticket counter for probably 15 minutes or so to find out I need to go to the other end of the airport and stand in another line. The International line was super long, yet it magically moved fairly quickly. My flight began boarding at 4:45 or so, and I received my boarding pass a tiny bit before 4:30. I then had to wait in the super long line of security, which by now it is 5:10, and I arrive at the gate at 5:15. Plane leaves on time at 5:30 and the long flight begins.

I was seated next to a fairly nice/calm family that slept pretty much the whole time. Unfortunately behind and to the side of me, were two Stupid Americans that decided to booze the entire trip. They were buying liquor and wine, as well as stealing sips from a bottle they brought onto the plane. So, once I decide to sleep the Drunks were annoying and I did not get any sleep on the flight itself. Breakfast was also a not so fun affair, mostly because I do not eat yogurt.

Finally, the plane touched down in Paris at 6:55 in the morning, and I began the journey of going through immigration and all that jazz. One cool part of leaving the gate and heading to the baggage claim area, is that I rode on a flat escalator in a tube that went outside and then back in to the other side of the building. Retrieved my bags, and began to figure out the train system.

I eventually made it to my aunt and uncle's apartment a little before nine this morning. The cool thing was seeing Notre Dame up close and personal. I napped for a few hours, and I then went around the neighborhoods, partially with my family and the other by myself. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera with me, but I will go back and take pictures of the places I went today.

I am just glad I made it here in one piece.

1 comment:

  1. Paris? Notre Dame? Pssh, don't you know it is Le Mans weekend!

    ReplyDelete