Monday, June 14, 2010

Paris Day Three

So under the insistence of my aunt and uncle, I went to a museum. I ended up at the Louvre because I wanted to explore the Tuileries Garden, which my aunt showed me yesterday on our bike ride. I was able to get into the Louvre for free, but I was not impressed by it. There were waaay too many people, and it was really hot. I mostly went to the less traveled places, which ended up being cooler. I did not stay very long, and went to the Tuileries.

It felt amazing outside, mostly due to the storm that was slowly rolling in making for perfectly cool weather. Every garden/park I have been to have been gorgeous, and there are always plenty of pathways to explore. There are also a lot of chairs spread all of the place, which I took advantage of in front of the large pond. It was also exciting to see the Eiffel Tower peak behind trees and the like, because it was on the other side of the river a ways from the Tuileries. I then went to Pont Alexander III, that I saw on the bike ride yesterday.

After passing the National Assembly building, I quickly hopped on the metro to avoid the rain. I then ended up at a cafe to stay out of the rain, and to get a bite to eat. I love the fact that I can get Orangina pretty much everywhere I go, which is awesome! I also felt very Parisian, using my french ordering food, drinking coffee, and people watching. From there I went to the plant park (Jardin de Plantes). Another perfectly manicured park, with multiple pathways, and loads of flowers. There were also a few buildings to explore, but I did not feel like spending the 10 Euro to go inside. This park also had a zoo, which you could see some of the animals from outside of the actual zoo section. The weirdest I could see were the deer, but I think they might be a normal occurrence on this side of the Atlantic. It was also nicely sunny at this point in time. Once I thoroughly explored the park, I traveled back to the apartment to upload my multitude of pictures taken today.


Hotel d'Ville, which is across the river from the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment